BBMRI-NL’s organizational structure consists of three pillars:
- Science, technology & implementation
- Review and advice
The BBMRI-NL daily board consists of the executive bureau: Cisca Wijmenga, Gerrit Meijer, and Erna Erdtsieck-Ernste. The bureau owns several products and services: the yearly conference, communications, ELSI, and the national biobank access policy. Future accents will lie on developing talent and Young BBMRI-NL ambassadors.
Gertjan van Ommen coordinates the Dutch BBMRI-ERIC activities.
- Science, technology & implementation:
The Scientific Executive Committee, chaired by scientific directors Cisca Wijmenga and Gerrit Meijer, is divided into six Work Packages:
- Review and advice:
Four bodies review BBMRI-NL’s progress and its strategic choices and offer advice. They are:
- The Board of Governors –
- The International Scientific Advisory Board – chair Professor Rick Grobbee
- The Strategic Committee – chair Professor Gertjan van Ommen
- The Community Consultative Committee – chair Professor Gerhard Zielhuis